Hotel Sigulda was built in 1889, when the Riga-Petersburg railroad was created whichcontributed to the number of holidaymakers coming to Sigulda. Sigulda manor hotel hostel guests of the nobleman Nikolai Kropotkin (1872-1939) from Petersburg who developed Sigulda as a popular tourism destination. Initially, the hotel had 15 rooms but throughout time the number of rooms has changed. After the reconstruction in 1998, the historic hotel building resumed its operation after several years of interruption. In 2001, the new wing of the hotel was opened with rooms, seminar and conference rooms and a sauna centre.